We take pride in providing a positive and rewarding work environment – and we’re always looking for talented people to strengthen our team. Perhaps the best indication of our company success is the fact that many of our employees have been with us for over 25 years.
Office Staff Applicants
Steve Boulukos, Chief Operating Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
J.C. Anderson Corporate Headquarters
Attn: Career Opportunities
834 N. Church Road, Elmhurst, IL 60126
Field Work Applicants
Summary of Position:
J.C. Anderson seeks an energetic, self-motivated individual to fill an immediate opening as Estimator. The Estimator will report to the Chief Estimator and assigned Senior Project Manager. The Estimator is responsible for preparing cost estimates in accordance with construction documents and design intent provided by the Architect and Owner. The individual will review drawings, specifications and all other construction documents and make the Senior Project Manager and others involved in the project aware of cost drivers, completeness of information and potential risks involved in performance of the work. The Estimator is responsible for the accuracy of the estimate, protection and promotion of the interest of J.C. Anderson.
Interested applicants should email their resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare conceptual budgets, SD/DD/CD estimates and lump sum bids in association with the assigned Project Manager.
- Conduct quantity take-off and studies for all items incorporated in the project, anticipating details necessary to complete the project.
- Read, understand and incorporate project documents, drawings and specifications.
- Prepare preliminary estimates and studies during preconstruction, monitor design development cost trends in order to detect over-runs and potential problem areas.
- Provide value engineering consulting through design development as required.
- Price out and summarize estimates. Include scope of work detail by trade and/ or system.
- Conduct pre-bid project walk-throughs. Represent JCA in all interpersonal and communications with Owner, Architect, Building Engineer and Subcontractors during bid process.
- Interface with subcontractors and suppliers and evaluate proposals relative to the scope of the work.
- Ability to work well and communicate with all levels of the company.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task. Ability to work on multiple, concurrent deliverables.
- Knowledge of building materials, systems, assemblies, trade labor, unit pricing and market conditions.
- Excellent phone, oral and written skills.
- Command over work product and ability to communicate technical information.
- Experienced and proficient in On-Screen Take-Off and Timberline estimating software is preferable but not mandatory assuming candidate has experience in similar applications.
- Proficient in MS Excel, FTP site, document distribution, storage and records management.
- 4-year college degree in engineering or construction management or field experience is desirable.
- 3-5 years’ estimating experience. Additional field experience and project engineering is desirable.